Wednesday, November 23, 2011

That Day


lyrics by Marit Larsen


I’m pacing the streets 
Where our story begins 
On a pale autumn day 
It was a day much like this
I’m back at the corner 
Where you used to wait for me 
Down by the place where we 
Made our first memories 

We smiled at each other 
Your skin was so cold 
And I swore I had never seen you more beautiful 
A few stolen glances 
We stayed out in the rain 
Could we just go back there again 


To that day, that day 
When I came to see 
It was our time, our beginning 
The end of the wait 
Oh I wish I could go back to where 
I was heading on 
That day 


I can’t help but wonder 
Every now and then 
If I hadn’t spoken 
Would we have kept going 
Your number is still here 
On my fingertips 
Like a forbidden secret 
That shouldn’t exist 

I know that I loved you 
I know that I tried 
But the kind that will keep you awake in the night 
It just doesn’t make sense 
And time after time I was trying to get back there again 



To that day, that day
When I came to see It was our time, our beginning
The end of the wait
Oh I wish I could go back to where I was heading on
That day

I know that I loved you
I know that I tried
But the kind that will keep you awake in the night
It just doesn’t make sense
And time after time I was trying to get back
Dying to get back there again

To that day, that day
When I came to see
It was our time, our beginning
The end of the wait
Oh I wish I could go back to where I was heading on
That day

No comments: